March 14, 2017
ECHODRAMA Cultural Group is currently implementing a Mobility Project (Learning Mobility of Individuals) with the title “Training in Contemporary Dance-Theatre” and code number 2016-1-EL01-KA104-023236, co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union through the Greek State Scholarships Foundation (Ι.Κ.Υ.), the National Agency for coordination of this programme.
In the framework of this Mobility Project, members and partners of ECHODRAMA Cultural Group (“sending organisation”) will go to Düsseldorf, Germany, April 7 - 23, 2017 in order to attend a workshop with the title “Training in Contemporary Dance-Theatre”, organised by Theater der Klänge (“receiving organisation”).
In this workshop, the following topics will be taught:
- Teaching new ways of expression in dance and dance-theatre
- New ways of teaching contemporary dance and dance-theatre
- New techniques for creating contemporary dance choreographies
- New ways of teaching contemporary dance, improvisation techniques in contemporary dance and dance-theatre
- New techniques for electronic interaction between dance and digital projections, as well as between dance and music compositions
- New techniques for composing music for dance kinesiology expressing certain thoughts, ideas and feelings
Each topic will be followed by practice (application of the workshop material in the creation of choreographies).
Members and partners of Theater der Klänge, who are professors in German universities and who specialize in these topics, will teach in the workshop.
When the participants of the workshop come back to Athens, they will teach open classes in Dance Dream School of Dance, enriched with material from the workshop. The dates of the open classes will be announced on April 25, 2017, in this website.
Last, on May 26th and 27th 2017, at Michael Cacoyannis Foundation, the new dance-theatre production of ECHODRAMA Cultural Group which is currently being created, titled “Eros-Hero”, based on Alexandros Papadiamantis' novel with the same title, will be performed. Its creation and collaborations will be the result of participation in the workshop “Training in Contemporary Dance-Theatre”.